Details of medical non-woven fabrics
With the continuous update and rapid development of packaging materials for sterile items, medical non-woven fabrics as the final packaging material for sterile items have successively entered the disinfection supply centers of hospitals at all levels. How to control the quality of medical non-woven fabrics, we must pay attention to these ten aspects of medical non-woven fabric.
1. Medical non-woven fabrics are different from ordinary non-woven fabrics and composite non-woven fabrics. Ordinary non-woven fabrics do not have antibacterial properties; composite non-woven fabrics have good waterproof effect and poor air permeability, and are generally used for surgical gowns and surgical sheets. Medical nonwovens use spunbond, meltblown and spunbond (SMS) processes. It is made by pressing and is antibacterial, hydrophobic, breathable and dander-free. It is used for final packaging of sterile items. It is disposable and does not require cleaning.
2. Requirements for the quality standard of medical non-woven fabrics: The medical non-woven fabrics used for the final packaging material of sterile medical devices should meet the specifications of GB/T19633 and YY/T0698.2.
3. Validity period of non-woven fabric: The validity period of medical non-woven fabric itself is generally 2 to 3 years, and the validity period of products of different manufacturers is slightly different, please refer to the instructions for use. Sterile items packed with medical non-woven fabrics should be valid for 180 days and not affected by the sterilization method.
4. Medical non-woven fabrics are used for the packaging of surgical instruments, and the airtight packaging method should be adopted. Two layers of non-woven fabrics should be packed twice. Repeated folding creates a long tortuous path to prevent microorganisms from “easily” entering the sterilization package. Two layers of non-woven fabrics cannot be packaged at one time.
5. After the medical non-woven fabric is sterilized by high temperature, the internal results will change, which will affect the permeability and antibacterial properties of the sterilization medium. Therefore, medical non-woven fabrics must not be repeatedly sterilized.
6. Due to the hydrophobicity of the non-woven fabric, the high temperature will sterilize the instruments with excess and heavy metals, and condensation water will be formed during the cooling process, which can easily produce wet packaging. Therefore, pad water-absorbing materials in large equipment packages, appropriately reduce the load capacity of the sterilizer, leave a gap between the sterilization packages, appropriately extend the drying time, and try to avoid wet packages.
7. Hydrogen peroxide low temperature plasma should use special non-woven fabrics. Medical nonwovens containing vegetable fibers cannot be used because vegetable fibers absorb hydrogen peroxide.
8. Although medical non-woven fabrics are not medical devices, they are related to the sterilization quality of medical devices. The quality and packaging method of medical nonwovens as packaging materials are critical to ensure the level of sterility.
9. Please refer to the inspection report and product batch inspection report provided by the manufacturer, and check the physical and chemical properties of medical non-woven fabrics to ensure the quality of the products used.
Synwin is a professional non woven manufacturer of environmentally friendly non-woven fabrics (SSMMS fabric company), and has a complete and scientific quality management system. The main products are flame retardant non-woven fabrics, embossed non-woven fabrics, spunlace non-woven fabrics, home textile non-woven fabrics, printed non-woven fabrics, rust-proof non-woven fabrics, composite non-woven fabrics, PP non-woven fabrics, thermal Rolled non-woven fabrics, polypropylene non-woven fabrics, medical non-woven fabrics, etc. Welcome to the factory to buy!